When I originally wrote this post it was planned for the end of the first full working week of the year – thinking I’d have got through a busy, but enjoyable, five days of work and that we’d all need a little lift. But then I got sick and missed work all week. It’s been miserable and more than ever am I looking forward to getting back to work and feeling healthy again. So I guess this post is as much for me as it is you; I hope you’ll find something to keep your spirits high in January.
Anyways… January can be rubbish, right? It’s cold, dark, ages away from payday and the start of another year. But come on, let’s go in to 2015 with a smile on our face. Here are 10 things to do in January to help brighten your mood.
- Binge on a TV boxset one weekend. We’re still working our way through Buffy and I also highly recommend House of Cards.
- Go for a walk with a friend and take your camera. It’s really pretty outside.
- Make a soup at home; warm dinners and the perfect lunch. I made one last weekend and it came in handy when I was sick!
- Have a spring clean. Make room for your Christmas presents and start the year with a tidy home. Tidying things up over the Christmas holidays made me feel so good.
- Go to a pub quiz with some friends one evening.
- Have a Sunday lie in with a good book.
- Be kind. Yes January can be miserable, but let’s spread a little positivity to each other. Hopefully we can talk each other out of the January blues!
- Plan a romantic night in with your loved one.
- Wear a big cuddly jumper as much as you can. It’s by far the best bit about winter!
- Bake a cake. The house will smell so good and your friends/family/colleagues will love you forever.
Let’s keep January a positive and, hopefully, a healthy one!
So, what’s in store for next week? I have my second LoveKnitting tutorial to share with you (here’s the first), photos from my birthday and I’ll be getting involved in Styling the Seasons again. I’ll also be sending out my newsletter – are you on the mailing list?