Hello! I’m back today sharing my current works in progress. I’d plan to post this a lot sooner, but in between other bits and pieces it took a back seat. The good news is I’ve tweaked this post a few times because I’ve finally finished a few projects – hurray!
So, in case you’re new to this post, throughout the year I’ve kept a spreadsheet of notes that I update on a regular basis to see where I am with what I’d like to make. There’s been something about honestly writing out all those projects I have stashed away in my room, that’s made me actually get stuff done. And that’s a great feeling!
So without further ado, here’s what I’m making at the moment.
- Teddy bear lovey. Yay I finished this! OK, I really didn’t love how his face turned out, but it was my first attempt at amigurumi and given it’s for my friends four month old baby, I think he’ll still love it! The granny square was the easy bit and actually, I’m quite surprised how well I took on amigurumi – it’s motivating me to do more in the future.
- Stash busting granny square blanket. As the 100 days of crochet didn’t feel like it was stash busting quickly enough for my impatient little mind, made one big granny square blanket. Boy is it stash busting! My scrap basket is depleating rappidly, hurray! I wasn’t expecting to have it finished so quickly, but with a stinking cold last week this was an easy one to work up.
- The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery ‘Let’s go on an adventure’ stitch-along. Last month I really didn’t feel the urge to work on October’s Australia pattern. I don’t know why, perhaps because I didn’t immediately love the pattern? November’s Peru pattern is also done and next weekend the final pattern arrives!
- San Francisco tapestry cushion. I haven’t picked this up in a while, which really sucks. I feel like it might be a project for the Christmas holidays, when I’m hoping to have some downtime. You can see the kit I bought here.
- Secret Christmas project. I’m going to do that annoying thing and tell you I’m making something, but not tell you what it is. It’s a gooden and I’ll share it once it’s been given as a Christmas gift.
- 100 days of crochet blanket. Inspired by #the100dayproject on Instagram I’ve decided it’s the perfect way to crochet another scrap granny square blanket before the end of the year. Crocheting a square a day, by the 3rd December (excluding the border) I’ll have a blanket ready to give to our local Cats Protection group – plus I’m stash busting. I’m posting regular pictures over on my Instagram feed if you fancy a look.
- Sew La Di Da dress. I started this around May 2014 and haven’t finished it. To make matters worse there’s not much more to do. I will get this Sew La Di Da make finished one day.
On my radar
- Socks! My Mum bought me everything I need to start, right back at the beginning of the year, so there’s no excuse not to learn how to make them for myself. Plus I’ve got my eye on some indie dyer shops on Etsy, so there’s really no excuse.
- Tilly and the Button’s Françoise dress. My friend bought me this shift dress pattern for Christmas. I love the style of the dress, so perfect for me.
- Weekender blanket with Stylecraft’s newest colours. I’ve wanted to make Cherry Heart’s blanket for a while and the newest colours from Stylecraft would be a great colour combination for it – plus when it was limited edition I bought two packs and have now idea what to do with them! I’ve found an alternative way to join the hexagons and, depending on how quickly I do other bits, I may take this on as a Christmas project for myself.
If you fancy seeing my previous month’s WIPs and progress, I’ve created a page collating all previous projects.
What’s on your list? Are you working on anything now it’s a bit colder (aka time to snuggle up on the sofa!)? If you are looking for any inspiration I’ve shared 5 crochet blanket ideas that I think you’ll like.
Before the end of the year I’m certainly hoping to wrap up a few projects and have a few makes and new crafts I’d really like to try in 2017 – alongside wedding planning!