This week hasn’t been the greatest and I’ve felt quite down about a few things. I don’t want to be a negative nancy on here, but I haven’t been at my strongest. My spirits have lifted this weekend so I’m hoping all is well again. But, negativity aside, there have been a lot of good things this week which I’m determined to remember and keep at the front of my mind.
So, onto five thoughts… there seemed to be a lot that caught my eye this week but I’ve stuck to the top five articles/thoughts that I think you’ll enjoy. Anything specific you’d like to see in a future post? Any themes you do/don’t like – share your feedback below; I’d love to tailor my content to you as a reader.
- Can I live here please? Beautiful animals and the photographs of them feel incredibly atmospheric.
- Are you waking up this Sunday morning to a bunch of ripe bananas in the fruit bowl? This article from BBC Good Food has 10 easy ways to use them up, that I think you’ll like.
- Have you heard Mumford & Sons’ new record? Eeek, I’m not a fan. I really hope it grows on me. Florence & The Machine, on the other hand, I am loving!
- This summer (when I can’t stand working with yarn in the warm weather) I plan to learn more about patchwork and quilting. These projects from Craftsy might be just the starting place I need – small projects for babies, how can I go wrong?!
- I say this all the time, but I am determined to eat better… one day. I need to stop eating so many takeaways and ready meals and start preparing quick, easy and healthy meals (send me your favourite recipes!). Katie’s ‘deconstructed salad’ recipe is exactly the type of thing I’m looking for.
In case you’re catching up on blog reading today, here’s what I’ve been talking about recently:
- Learn to knit with Simple Stylish Knitting – hello fox iPad cover, I’m in love.
- 5 books I plan to read in 2015 – in case you’re on the lookout for reading recommendations
- There’s still time to enter my LoveKnitting yarn giveaway (entries close early next week!)
Any exciting plans? We celebrated Mother’s day with Mum yesterday and we’re off to my Dad’s today to celebrate his birthday.
Photo credit: DTTSP