Hello! How is everyone? I’m enjoying a crafty weekend and have finished a couple of Christmas projects already – yay! I love that satisfying feeling of finishing a project and being in awe of the fact you were able to make it. The upside of this rainy weather we’ve had – being indoors and able to craft away and not feel guilty because it’s sunny outside.
Thanks for joining me for five thoughts Sunday – I kicked it off last week, as a way of sharing some thoughts and stories I’ve seen on my travels in the past week.
- On Friday I got myself into my first ever Facebook debate! It was all very friendly, but the subject? Believe it or not, the Sainsbury’s Christmas advert. Some thoughts echoed this Guardian post but, and while I know it’s good marketing, I think the advert is poignant and thought provoking. It so cleverly touches on the meaning of Christmas and I’m pleased Sainsbury’s are donating sales of the chocolate bar to the British Legion.
- This coming week Stu and I will be celebrating our two year anniversary, before heading up to Edinburgh for a long weekend away. I don’t know where the time has gone but definitely a moment to pause and celebrate. If you know of any good places to visit in Edinburgh do share – I’m so excited to finally be visiting and to see the Christmas market.
- After Charlotte’s recommendation this week I made this spinach, tomato and chick pea curry for dinner. Super easy and the perfect winter warmer! Be warned though, I warmed it up the next day and it didn’t taste half as good (so not freezer worthy, as I’d hoped).
- Is there a better way to bring a smile to your face than with a Friends reference? My all time favourite show, this tweet on Wednesday evening made me smile – before I then sent it on to my fellow Friends fans. It may also have been made my WhatsApp profile picture.
- Finally, this week Jojo rejoined the land of blogging and I’m so pleased to see it! I love how she writes and excited to hear more about her illustration degree.
How was your week?
Next week I’m only working four days, before our long weekend away. Yay! Hopefully we can also squeeze in a couple of episodes of House of Cards. Which is amazing. Have you seen it? Stu’s on nights at the moment, so could be tricky though.
Blogged this week: my first book review (what did you think of it?) and my home ideas scrapbook – turning Pinterest into real life. Next week I have a very special post that I can’t wait to share with you.
Have a great Sunday!
Photo credit: DTTSP