So the first week of This Little Space of Mine is done and I’m so happy to be back! What do you think of my new blog?
One feature I really wanted to include was a weekly post with some adhoc thoughts on articles, things I’ve been doing, news stories etc. Inspired by weekly posts from the likes of BeNourishd and Cider with Rosie, I give you ‘Five thoughts Sunday’ – for a quick Sunday read. Nothing too heavy, promise.
- While on a long train journey this week I started listening to Caitlin Moran’s ‘How to be a Woman’. My oh my, she’s just wonderful; I especially loved her thoughts on why woman pay for bikini waxes when they could spend money on cheese instead. She raises a valid point.
- It’s so easy for us to get wrapped up in our day-to-day stresses, so taking time out on Monday evening to visit my Grandparents gave me some perspective and lifted my mood. I love them both dearly and loved hearing my Nan tell me about how they met, 67 years ago.
- There’s cake decorating and there’s cake decorating; this blew my mind.
- This week I’ve spent quite a bit of time learning how to use some new (to me) online software – helping me to manage my team at work, task list etc. I was impressed by Proof Hub, Gliffy came to the rescue for a flow chart I was working on and I’ve finally set up an Evernote account.
- Lisa’s 5 positive things to do this week series always brings a smile to my face; this week I especially loved her recommendation that we treat ourselves to a naughty box of cereal. I couldn’t resist and bought a box of chocolate Weetos.
How was your week?
Next week I have more posts to share, another long train journey (so more Caitlin Moran time) and hopefully some time for knitting on the cold winter evenings that have arrived with us. Brrr.
Have a great Sunday folks!
Photo credit: DTTSP