It’s playlist time! I love this one because it came about from hearing one song on the radio – An Honest Mistake by The Bravery. Instantly I was taken back to around 2005 when I was at uni, buying NME magazine, going to Fez club at uni for ‘Indie night’, finding new music watching The O.C. and camping in the rain at Reading Festival. It’s amazing how one song can bring it all back; this collection of songs reminds me so much of that time in my life. Do you remember that time too?
This playlist has been listened to many times as I’ve been packing and I’m sure will be heard as we unpack too! I hope you enjoy it – there are some corkers in there…
You can listen to the playlist through Spotify over here, alternatively see the full playlist below.
- Dirty Pretty Things – Bang Bang You’re Dead
- The Cribs – Hey Scenesters!
- We Are Scientists – The Great Escape
- Maximo Park – Apply Some Pressure
- Babyshambles – Delivery
- Bloc Party – Banquet
- The Bravery – An Honest Mistake
- The Futureheads – Decent Days and Nights
- Hot Hot Heat – Goodnight Goodnight
- The Subways – Oh Yeah
- Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
- Razorlight – Golden Touch
- Arctic Monkeys – When The Sun Goes Down
- Kasabian – L.S.F
- Queens of the Stone Age – No One Knows
- The Automatic – Monster
- The Killers – Somebody Told Me
- Editors – Munich
- The Kooks – Naive
- The Coral – Dreaming of You
For next month’s playlist it’s over to you; I’d love to know what kind of music you’d like to see? It can be a theme, or an artist or a song you’d like me to make a playlist around. Leave a comment below or drop me a tweet – I’m quite excited for this challenge so I’d love to have you involved!
Photo credit: DTTSP