Hello! I’m back today sharing how I’m getting on with my crafting projects. If you fancy seeing my previous month’s WIPs and progress, here are a couple of links for you – January, February and March.
So here’s my current work in progress list. I’ve shared things I completed last month as well as things I’ve already started and finally, things that are on my radar. To keep it flowing from month to month I have a) created a spreadsheet (because I love a good spreadsheet!) and b) I’m going to copy and paste from post to post and adjust the wording if I’ve made progress. If you see any bits repeat, it’ll tell you I did nothing on it all month!
I actually think I’ve made pretty good head way and now I’ve finished project baby I feel good and ready to take on something new! So let’s check out the list –
- We Make Collective weave. It’s finished, it’s finished! I started this project having literally no idea what to do and now have a finished weave hanging in my craft room – hurray for that! More pictures and notes on this coming next week, so in the meantime you can find out more about We Make Collective in a previous post.
- Project baby. Equally as delighted this month to have both started and finished a fairly weighty project for my best friends’ baby boy. I can’t share pictures and details at the moment, but it’s a good’en and I’m excited to show you it.
- The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery ‘Let’s go on an adventure’ stitch-along. Three months down and April’s pattern arrived in the early hours of Saturday. Still loving this project and having moments where I get completely hooked to cross stitch (even if it means I go to bed too late because I. Cannot. Stop. Stitching!).
- Secret gift for a friend. My Nan gave me the free gift that came with Let’s Knit magazine (I’ll let you look it up since it’s a ‘secret’), so I’m making that – the majority is done and I’ll share a picture once it’s complete. Quite a cute little make that’s quite an easy one to work on while I watch (need to look away from) The Walking Dead.
- Attic 24 ripple blanket. I started this in May time and it’s been one of those projects I tend to pick it up and put it down every now and then. The pattern is over here.
- Sew La Di Da dress. I started this around May 2014 and haven’t finished it. To make matters worse there’s not much more to do. I can feel my Mum frowning at me as I type this. Must get this Sew La Di Da make finished for spring.
- Scraps granny square blanket. I have so much left over yarn and really want to stash bust by making blankets to give to charities. It’d be nice to get this one finished soon.
On my radar
- Simply Crochet’s bright granny square blanket. I’ve decided on the colours so I’ll be ordering the yarn soon. The plan is for it to match our living room theme and sit on the back of our sofa.
- Socks! My Mum bought me everything I need to start, for my birthday, so there’s no excuse not to learn how to make them for myself.
- Patchwork quilt. My friend has asked me to make one using her baby daughter’s baby grows, so this year my Mum and I are going to tackle it as a joint project together.
- Tilly and the Button’s Françoise dress. I completely forgot about this; my friend bought me this shift dress pattern for Christmas. I love the style of the dress, so perfect for me.
- San Francisco tapestry cushion. I treated myself big time at the Knitting and Stitching, buying my first tapestry kit from Hannah Bass. I fell in love with her map designs and can’t wait to get started on this.
So this month I’m planning to finish the ‘secret gift’, keep up to date with the Frosted Pumpkin stitch-along and maybe finish the Scraps granny square blanket. It’s been sitting there for so long and my stash of scraps is ever growing, so it really just needs finishing. That being said I really want to start on making socks, before it gets too warm and I hate wool until the autumn (anyone else?) and let’s not forget the tapestry kit, which is all kinds of gorgeous. Anyways… let’s see how it goes.
What’s on your list? Have you been working on anything exciting in the last month?
Thanks for reading!