After sharing my goals on Thursday, I thought I’d kick off my new year blogging by sharing my current work in progress list; my plan being to regularly share updates with you to a) share what I’m up to and b) kick my butt into gear to get things finished and not avoid them and start something else because it looks pretty or the colours sway me. I’m so guilty of doing that!
So here’s my current work in progress list. I’ve shared things I completed last month as well as things I’ve already started and finally, things that are on my radar. No doubt this list will increase but hopefully I can keep things in check!
- Wool and the Gang’s ‘Snood operator’ – so snuggly, this worked up really quickly and is perfect for the winter weather we’re having. The pattern is over on their website.
- The second Heidi Bear Fatty Lumpkin pony. If you catch me on Instagram you’ll have spotted a pink and purple version being made; I’ve got a full write up and pics to share with you next week. I also wrote about it when it was a work in progress.
- A HobbyCraft Christmas decoration. OK, it’s January, let’s move on from Christmas I hear you scream. But I made it and I loved hanging it on my tree last month.
- MilliaMia fingerless gloves. I bought this book and the yarn for the gloves back in October 2014 and finally took the time to make them over the Christmas break. They came together really quickly and I’ve been wearing them ever since. I plan to blog about them soon.
- Attic 24 ripple blanket. I started this in May time and it’s been one of those projects I tend to pick it up and put it down every now and then; it’s currently the only thing I’m working on (my concentration is a bit all over the place!). The pattern is over here.
- Sew La Di Da dress. I started this around May 2014 and haven’t finished it. To make matters worse there’s not much more to do. I can feel my Mum frowning at me as I type this. Must get this Sew La Di Da make finished for spring.
- Scraps granny square blanket. I have so much left over yarn and really want to stash bust by making blankets to give to charities. It’d be nice to get this one finished soon.
- Heart shaped confetti for my friend’s wedding. The wedding isn’t until July, so lots of time, but it seems to have been hanging around for a while!
On my radar
- The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery ‘Let’s go on an adventure’ stitch-along. This is an ongoing project and the first pattern arrived a couple of days ago, so this’ll be on my underway list for the coming year. So excited to finally be stitching my first Frosted Pumpkin project. Read more about it here.
- Fox slippers. I bought Mollie Makes issue 61 specifically for Sincerley Louise‘s pattern so I better make them soon! I hate to say it, but knowing me I bet they’re not finished until Autumn time, ready for the colder season. Oops.
- Simply Crochet’s bright granny square blanket. Stu and I have almost decided on colours so I’ll be ordering the yarn soon. The plan is for it to match our living room theme and sit on the back of our sofa.
- The New Craft House knickers. I received the kit from The New Craft House just before Christmas and I can’t wait to get back into sewing with this make.
- Socks! My Mum bought me everything I need to start, for my birthday, so there’s no excuse not to learn how to make them for myself.
- We Make Collective weave. I received this in October/November time and I’m yet to start. I don’t want to forget about it as the yarns I received are beautiful and I’d love to make something to hang on my craft room wall. Find out more about We Make Collective in a previous post.
- Patchwork quilt. My friend has asked me to make one using her baby daughter’s baby grows, so this year my Mum and I are going to tackle it as a joint project together.
What’s on your list? It’s a never ending one but I’m determined to get a few things finished before I start on anything new. Yeh, right, I bet I don’t stick to it. I’ll share this list again next month to see how I’ve got on.
Thanks for reading!