Hello! I’m back today sharing how I’m getting on with my crafting projects – my works in progress and the things I’d like to make this year. I don’t normally post on a Saturday, but hope you’re around to have a read.
If you’re a regular reader you’ll know to keep it flowing from month to month I have a) created a spreadsheet (because I love a good spreadsheet!) and b) I’m going to copy and paste from post to post and adjust the wording if I’ve made progress. If you see any bits repeat, it’ll tell you I did nothing on it all month!
April was mainly about making crochet flowers for Make May Purple, but I also managed to finish a granny square scrap blanket I started making last summer. You might also notice that I’ve added a couple of projects to the ‘on my radar’ list, which I’ve promised myself I won’t start on until I’ve finished the ripple blanket. Promise, promise, promise! Anyway, let’s check out the list…
- Crochet flowers for Make May Purple. I finished Make May Purple having raised over £650 which included making 100+ flowers. Completely and utterly beyond any expectation I have – a big thank you to everyone who supported me and Stroke Association.
- Attic 24 ripple blanket. Finished this just in the nick of time! Once I got close to finishing I had that burst of energy to just get it done, so finished it just after the bank holiday weekend. More pics and a write up to come soon.
- The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery ‘Let’s go on an adventure’ stitch-along. This month the top row will be finished – wowee, half way there! This month’s pattern is for Russia and I’m looking forward to working on it.
- San Francisco tapestry cushion. I got myself started on this a couple of days ago, getting the frame ready and starting on the wording. It’s going to be a long term project but one I plan to enjoy over the warmer, summer months (when they decide to arrive!) You can see the kit I bought here.
- Sew La Di Da dress. I started this around May 2014 and haven’t finished it. To make matters worse there’s not much more to do. I can feel my Mum frowning at me as I type this. Must get this Sew La Di Da make finished for spring.
On my radar
- Simply Crochet’s bright granny square blanket. I’ve decided on the colours so I’ll be ordering the yarn soon. The plan is for it to match our living room theme and sit on the back of our sofa.
- Socks! My Mum bought me everything I need to start, for my birthday, so there’s no excuse not to learn how to make them for myself.
- Patchwork quilt. My friend has asked me to make one using her baby daughter’s baby grows, so this year my Mum and I are going to tackle it as a joint project together.
- Tilly and the Button’s Françoise dress. I completely forgot about this; my friend bought me this shift dress pattern for Christmas. I love the style of the dress, so perfect for me.
- Weekender blanket with Stylecraft’s newest colours. I’ve wanted to make Cherry Heart’s blanket for a while and the newest colours from Stylecraft would be a great colour combination for it – plus when it was limited edition I bought two packs and have now idea what to do with them! Not sure I like how they’re joined in her pattern, so may look for something a bit different.
- Scrap blanket for charity. I still have a lot of scrap yarns that I need to do something with, so I’m going to continue making blankets like the one I did for Freds and give them to a cat charity. I might opt for a big granny square blanket next time.
What’s on your list? Have you been working on anything exciting in the last month?