Hello! I’m back today sharing how I’m getting on with my crafting projects. The hope is that it prompts me to finish things before I start anything new. I actually think it’s helping me think twice before starting something new and it’ll be interesting to see what impact it has over the year. If you fancy seeing my previous month’s WIPs and progress, here are a couple of links for you – January and February.
So here’s my current work in progress list. I’ve shared things I completed last month as well as things I’ve already started and finally, things that are on my radar. To keep it flowing from month to month I have a) created a spreadsheet (because I love a good spreadsheet!) and b) I’m going to copy and paste from post to post and adjust the wording if I’ve made progress. If you see any bits repeat, it’ll tell you I did nothing on it all month!
You might also spot two new additions to my ‘on my radar’ list – oops.
- Fox slippers. This was my biggest make of February and took quite a bit of time. The pattern was from Mollie Makes issue 61, designed by Sincerely Louise, and I love the finished slippers. I’ll be sharing a post on them later this week.
- Wool and the Gang Hemingway hat. I’ve now made three of these hats in total and I think I get faster each time. Love the pattern and the hat is so snug; my friend is going to love it I’m sure.
- Heart shaped confetti for my friend’s wedding. This had been sitting on my shelf for ages, so one evening before bed I just sat and stamped the sheet of A3 yellow card and got it done. Feels so good to have them finished.
- The New Craft House knickers. I took a Sunday afternoon out last month to sit and make these and it was great to take time out and sew; it’d been a while. Here’s how I got on.
- The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery ‘Let’s go on an adventure’ stitch-along. January and February are complete and I made a start on March’s Netherlands theme at the weekend. It’s a bigger pattern so it’ll keep me busy this month.
- Attic 24 ripple blanket. I started this in May time and it’s been one of those projects I tend to pick it up and put it down every now and then; it’s currently the only thing I’m working on (my concentration is a bit all over the place!). The pattern is over here.
- Sew La Di Da dress. I started this around May 2014 and haven’t finished it. To make matters worse there’s not much more to do. I can feel my Mum frowning at me as I type this. Must get this Sew La Di Da make finished for spring.
- Scraps granny square blanket. I have so much left over yarn and really want to stash bust by making blankets to give to charities. It’d be nice to get this one finished soon.
On my radar
- Project baby. My best friend and her husband are expecting a baby boy in June and I’ve now decided on the colours to use and what I want to make. My friend reads my blog from time to time, so I’ll lovingly refer to it as ‘Project baby’ from now on. 😉
- Simply Crochet’s bright granny square blanket. I’ve decided on the colours so I’ll be ordering the yarn soon. The plan is for it to match our living room theme and sit on the back of our sofa.
- Socks! My Mum bought me everything I need to start, for my birthday, so there’s no excuse not to learn how to make them for myself.
- We Make Collective weave. I received this in October/November time and I’m yet to start. I don’t want to forget about it as the yarns I received are beautiful and I’d love to make something to hang on my craft room wall. Find out more about We Make Collective in a previous post.
- Patchwork quilt. My friend has asked me to make one using her baby daughter’s baby grows, so this year my Mum and I are going to tackle it as a joint project together.
- Tilly and the Button’s Françoise dress. I completely forgot about this; my friend bought me this shift dress pattern for Christmas. I love the style of the dress, so perfect for me.
- San Francisco tapestry cushion. I treated myself big time at the Knitting and Stitching show on Saturday, buying my first tapestry kit from Hannah Bass. I fell in love with her map designs and can’t wait to get started on this.
What’s on your list? Have you been working on anything exciting in the last month?
Thanks for reading!