In just two days we’ll be heading off to San Francisco for the start of our three week road trip in California (and a bit of Nevada) – I can’t believe the time has come! Stu and I have been dreaming about going to California since we met, so I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve at the moment.
In super organised fashion, as my friends and family would expect of me, I’ve already started packing and getting myself organised. I’m in Gloucestershire for the start of this long holiday weekend so packing early was a must for me, though no doubt there will be something last minute I think of.
It feels kind of surreal to think we’re going to see all of these wonderful places. Really surreal in fact. In the last few months I’ve been doing lots of research – Pinterest has been amazing for storing ideas of places to go and things to do. So today I thought I’d use this post to share with you some of the things I’m looking forward to doing:
- Going on a bike ride over the Golden Gate bridge
- Walking in Yosemite National park
- Driving along the coast and seeing the Pacific Ocean
- Exploring the quaintness of Carmel by the Sea
- Going to an In/Out Burger – we’ve heard lots about it
- Walking the Hollywood walk of fame
- Eating delicious Mexican food in San Diego
- Watching a show in Las Vegas
- Seeing the Grand Canyon
- Enjoy Stu’s company. We both have busy jobs, so to have some time out together is going to be amazing.
Eeee – that’s me squealing with excitement! I’ve still got clothes to sort (trying not to take too much so we can shop!) but paperwork is printed, my road trip playlist is organised and I’ve loaded up my sister’s Kindle for books to read on the flight. Trying out a Kindle for the first time this holiday – definitely made sense space/weight wise.
So while we’re away I’ve decided to take a blog break; I could’ve opted for a series of guest posts but I’ll be honest and say I left it a little late to organise. However, a break is good – I’m looking forward to re-charging my batteries – and I already have lots of good things in store for May.
See you on the other side!